Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'mmm Baaack!!!


It has been three years and so much has happened!! The further out of my rabbit hole I have come, the 'happenings' have been good..and bad!

The worst 'bad' was the loss of my love, Bella. My beautiful yellow lab died of cancer last summer and it has been hard with many moments of crying ever since. A more loving dog would be hard to find! And she went through so many bad times with me that I was just beginning to give her some of that 'good' she so deserved. The apartment I rent was specifically for Bella because it has a patio and lovely yard. She could spend time out there and do her "meet-and-greet" with the other people and dogs in the small complex! And many friends she had made before her passing. They still stop by and tell me little stories of her! So while she plays next to the Rainbow Bridge, her memory stays strong in my mind and heart.

My daughter, Karri, felt like after several weeks of losing Bella that I needed another
sweetie in my life! So a little chihuahua made her way to my home after her owner was going to have to give her up. I call this an "Open Adoption" because Kelly, the previous owner, and I have become friends and she has been to visit us a couple of times! Zoe is my sixth chihuahua in my life so I'm not surprised at her antics,but she is a cutie; black with brown and white "trim", about 8 lbs, and 2 yrs. old. All the 'hard work' of house training had been done, so it was just transition to my place. She is a frisky, friendly (same neighbors have fallen for her!!), ball of energy! Cute as a can be and has moved into my heart!! We plan on many adventures in the future!!

Oh, yes...me? I am doing good! Dealing with this lousy MS (did I mention I have Multiple Sclerosis???) on a daily basis and happy at bedtime that I can usually say "Glenda 1- MS-0"!!

So this post is testimony that if you don't have a dog, GET ONE!!!! And get a Rescue dog as your first choice!! If you INSIST on a pure-bred then at least use a reputable breeder. AKC's website will give you a list in your area.

So "HI"!!!...AND "BYE" for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment